Friday, January 15, 2010

A picture and a promise of spring


I finished the cross stitching part of this sampler last night (will be a market release in a few weeks.) I'm waiting for some silk ribbon to do a few ribbon roses, and then this is going off to the finisher. It uses five colors of Silk N Colours and one ribbon by The Thread Gatherer and is stitched on 32 ct. Porcelain Vintage linen by Lakeside Linens.

The quote is from Shakespeare's "As You Like It," and you may also remember it from Gene Wilder's Willy Wonka (he sings this little song while pedaling a bicycle in the inventing room in the "Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory" movie. The name at the bottom is actually one of William Shakespeare's daughters (she married a Quiney). The date isn't right, of course, but I just thought it'd be fun to "hide" some meaning in there. You can preorder the graph, fabric and/or fiber pack from me (one of the silks is going to be a brand new color at market -- a tealy-green called "Water Nymph."

More on the way -- spring is coming -- I promise! Tonight I'll be finishing (fingers crossed) the two pincushions for Just Another Button Co. VERY CUTE! Can't wait to see what they look like done. Lots of other fun things on the way.

7 comments:

Theresa said...

By the way gals, if you click on the picture, you can make it bigger to see it a little better... :)

natalysneedle said...

Really Cute! Can't wait to see what else you have up your sleeve.

Jacqueline Korteland Boller said...

Did just that, T!! I love it! Very pretty!!!

Jen said...

Very pretty. I love the colors.

GingerCat said...

I just love your designs. They are so fresh (like a breath of Spring perhaps?).

Good luck at Market!

Catherine said...

Love the spring colors - after the cold we have had, I am more than ready for spring!

Can't wait to see everything else!

Anonymous said...

I love it! My nephew is getting married May 1 and I've been looking for a wedding sampler. I think I just found it!

Jill