Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Sneaky Peeks

Hey all -- I'm making good progress on getting ready for market. I thought I'd give you blog-followers a treat and post four more of my little designs for market. The one on the top is the Jenny Bean Pin Tuffet. The pins are made exclusively for me (shops can buy them from me at market -- customers can order them through my web site). That is available as a chart. The other three are the limited edition kits I came up with last week, start-to-finish. They're being printed today, and I'll be packing the kits tonight. They are: Grandfather's Sleigh (the ornament), Abby Rhodes' Scissor Holder (comes with scissors, too), and Oh the Holly, which I finished with some really COOL upholstery beading I found at Hobby Lobby yesterday.

The edging around the sleigh ornament is some braided leather -- I found some cool leather strips in the jewelry aisle and braided it myself. And I sprayed everything with "Distress It" spray, which makes things look even older/grungier. The kits come with the threads, fabric, pattern and of course the scissors with the scissor holder. I basically made it a stiff pocket, and you tuck the scissors into the upper corner. Super-cool!

Anyway, this week I am printing like a maniac, stuffing things into bags, and generally going crazy. Wish me luck!

7 comments:

Jen said...

These look great. I love the finishing details.

Unknown said...

They are all so cute - I can't choose. I love the little pin tuffet!

I received "Count Your Blessings" and it took all my willpower not to start on it right then and there - too many WIP, I'm trying to cut back.

Enjoy your week.

Natasha said...

I love Jenny Bean tuffet!!

Thanks for the sneaky peaky :)

Natasha

Deb said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Deb said...

They are very lovely Theresa. As a big Beatles fan the Abby Rhodes has to be mine! When will they be available to us who can't get to market?

Theresa said...

Y'all can preorder through my shop now to get one held for you. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, I wish you luck, Theresa, you can be sure of that. I love the Abby Rhodes item, I'll see if I can pre-order.
A bientôt, Valérie